Seasonal Inventory Control Associate
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Position: Seasonal Full-Time or Part-Time
Working Days/Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00am – 5:00 pm
Born Primitive is looking for Seasonal Warehouse Associates (Full-Time or Part-Time) to assist throughout the Holiday Season (September-January). Work availability between November 23rd and December 2nd are required. The Inventory Control Associate will perform continuous item counts to ensure all inventory is accurate, physically and systematically. You will unpack and examine incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items and recording shortages so Management can contact shipper’s to rectify. You will assist with transferring product to specific warehouse locations.
Some of Your Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of products to prevent inventory discrepancies.
- Perform inventory counts and ensure all inventory is accurate, physically and systematically
- Investigate and correct discrepancies with Management of quantities and locations for all inventory
- Complete cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments from mail truck – which requires lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds
- Ensure incoming and current products have the correct size labels and barcodes
- Restock inventory by locating pull shelves and back stock of inventory. Restock may include using pallet jack or ladder to obtain product
- Assist in transferring product to designated locations
- Assist Fulfillment Team when needed
- Assist with packing inventory for events by pulling and packing event bins and loading the event truck when needed
- Create and maintain a quality, professional work environment. Maintain a positive relationship with all co-workers and colleagues
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by performing standard housekeeping such as sweeping, mopping, trash removal, and sanitizing equipment regularly
- Must be able to perform mathematical skills, basic computer function like Word and Office Suite and complete reports.
- Candidates must be able to stand for a full eight (8) hour shift.
- Must be willing and able to lift packages anywhere from 2-50lbs.
- Occasional weekends and holidays may be required.
- Ability to work under pressure and in various climates, heat or cold
(This job description is not intended to provide a complete and comprehensive list of all job duties, requirements and responsibilities. Instead, it is provided as a general overview of the expectations for the position)
- Flexibility to tackle new unexpected tasks
- Manage workload efficiently while tasked with multiple duties
- Ability to thrive in a quickly growing and very fast paced work environment
- Quality organizational skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals